Browsing by Author "Rose, EK"
Now showing 1 - 11 of 11
Results Per Page
- ItemThe A.A.E.C. fission product cross section libraries FISPROD.POINTXSL and FISPROD.GROUPXSL(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1971-03) Rose, EKThis report is a guide to the contents and layout of the AAEC fission product point cross section library FISPROD.POINTXSL and the group cross section library FISPROD.GROUPXSL, and to the IBM 360/50 FORTRAN IV programs associated with the generation and subsequent updating of these two data libraries.
- ItemADL1 - an atomic data library for use in computing the behaviour of plasma devices including fusion reactors(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1981-05) Clancy, BE; Cook, JL; Rose, EKA data library with self-descriptive format is presented. This library provides on a fixed temperature grid reaction rate coefficients effective degree of ionisation and data for line radiation power emission for 59 ion or neutral species. Data are presented for neutral and ionised atoms of the hydrogen isotopes and for 49 'impurity' ion species ranging from helium-3 and -4 to uranium. Data origins are also discussed.
- ItemEffect of missing levels on the observed channels open in neutron fission(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1978-03) Clancy, BE; Cook, JL; Rose, EKIt is shown that the effect of missing small fission widths in the analysis of a fission width distribution is to give an apparent number of channels open greater than the actual number open. This is demonstrated both by a numerical experiment and by analytical considerations. A set of resolution probabilities is postulated such that when the apparent distribution is calculated from the true distribution, the effective number of degrees of freedom increases by a specific amount. The theory is applied to the experimental set of fission widths for neutron fission of 235U in both the J = 3 and 4 states.
- ItemAn evaluation of the charge exchange rate coefficients for the hydrogen isotopes in plasmas(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1982-06) Cook, JL; Rose, EKThe charge exchange rate coefficients for hydrogen isotopes are evaluated and the average over a Maxwellian spectrum is carried out analytically. Applications to tokamak calculations are also considered.
- ItemEvaluation of the Gilbert-Cameron level density parameters(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1977-09) Rose, EK; Cook, JLLevel densities of 20U nuclides were fitted to the Gilbert-Cameron level density formula with satisfactory results. New shell and pairing corrections were obtained which led to most calculated level spacings being within the experimental error of the measured level spacings.
- ItemSPUTLIB - a library of Maxwellian-averaged sputtering coefficients(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1982-07) Cook, JL; Rose, EKA general law of sputtering coefficients as a function of hydrogen and helium ion energies that are incident on metallic walls is given. The average over a Maxwellian spectrum is carried out analytically. A library of such coefficients is presented in the ADL-1 format.
- ItemSPUTLIB II - a revised version of the Maxwellian-averaged rates of sputtering(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1986-02) Cook, JL; Rose, EKThe average sputtering rate over an incidental Maxwellian distribution is tabulated as a function of temperature in the ADL-1 format. Data for twenty-one target materials is presented together with the laws governing the extrapolation procedure. The nuclides covered are Be C Al Si Sc Ti V Cr Fe Co Ni Cu Zn Zr Nb Mo Rh Ag Ta W and Au.
- ItemThe statistical distribution functions for product ratios and sums of product ratios(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1974-09) Cook, JL; Rose, EKThe statistical distributions for product ratios and sums of product ratios are discussed and formulae are given for the computation of special moments, which have to be defined because the usual definition of moments diverges for such distributions.
- ItemStatistical distribution functions for products of variables with a gaussian distribution with zero mean(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1974-09) Bertram, WK; Clancy, BE; Cook, JL; Rose, EKThe statistical distribution of a product of variables which have a Gaussian distribution is investigated. These distributions are found to be given, in general, by special functions. Expansions for these functions for small values of the variable and their asymptotic behaviour are derived. The functions are tabulated for products of up to seven variates. Some simple integrals related to the functions are given.
- ItemTest of the three-Gaussian assumption for fission product mass yield curves(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1976-03) Cook, JL; Rose, EKA set of eight-parameter, three-Gaussian fits was made for fissile nuclides in the mass range 227 to 258. It is shown that acceptable fits are obtained in all cases, with a mean deviation from the fit usually around 25 per cent.
- ItemValency effects in compound nucleus level spacings(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1982-03) Cook, JL; Rose, EKIt is shown that nuclides whose proton or neutron numbers lie within three units of a magic number have a level density parameter that is very strongly correlated with the Myers-Swiatecki shell correction to the mass formula. Using this correlation 93 level densities are calculated from only two adjustable constants in a semi-empirical fashion. It is shown that since weaker correlations exist in five regions of the periodic table intermediate and heavy nuclides which lie between the strong correlation ranges also give satisfactory fits thus making a twelve-parameter fit overall.