Browsing by Author "Kenny, MJ"
Now showing 1 - 5 of 5
Results Per Page
- ItemCompilation of keV neutron capture gamma rays in the mass range a=40-70(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1969-10) Allen, BJ; Bird, JR; Kenny, MJkeV neutron capture gamma ray spectra have been measured for eleven elements in the mass range A=40 to 70 using lithium drifted germanium detectors. Averaged or resolved resonance spectra were obtained for neutrons in the energy range 5 - 100 keV, produced by a pulsed Van de Graaff accelerator. A compilation of the results for each element is given together with thermal capture and (d,p) data. Gamma ray spectra are presented and major features of thermal capture and keV results are shown in decay schemes.
- ItemThe measurement of partial capture cross sections for neutron energies above 10 keV(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1974-05) Broomhall, GJ; Kenny, MJ; Martin, PW; Bird, JRA large Nal detector has been used to demonstrate the feasibility of measuring partial capture cross sections for neutron energies from 10 to 100 keV. The pulsed neutron source was a 3 MeV accelerator and the 7Li(p,n) reaction with a time resolution of 3 to 4 ns and flight paths of 0.6 to 1.5 m. The experimental techniques are described, and illustrated by results for high energy transitions following capture in 48Ti, 56Fe, 56Ni and 207Pb.
- ItemNeutron capture by the chromium isotopes(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1977-01) Kenny, MJ; Allen, BJ; Musgrove, ARD; Macklin, RL; Halperin, JCapture cross sections of the chromium isotopes have been measured at neutron energies up to 350 keV using the capture cross section facility at the 40 m station of the Oak Ridge Electron Linear Accelerator. Parameters have been derived for 180 resonances. A moderate correlation [p(г0n,гγ) - 0.45] is observed between reduced neutron widths n y and radiative widths for s-wave resonances. Calculations of valence widths show that valence capture can only account for the correlated component of the observed radiative widths. An additional mechanism such as a 2p-lh doorway state must therefore be occurring to explain the uncorrelated component.
- ItemPapers presented at a topical session on Gamma rays from nuclear reactions : held during the 7th International Nuclear Data Committee Meeting at Lucas Heights, Sydney, Australia, on 9th October 1974(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1974-10-09) Kenny, MJThe 7th International Nuclear Conference Data Committee meeting was held at Lucas Heights, Sydney, Australia, in October 1974. During the meeting, a topical session was held entitled, "Gamma Rays from Nuclear Reactions". Papers were presented by a number of INDC delegates and by participants from the Australian Atomic Energy Commission, the Australian National University and the University of Melbourne.
- ItemSimple ion implantation system for solar cells(Australian Atomic Energy Commission, 1982-11) Kenny, MJ; Bird, JR; Broe, HGA project has been initiated to investigate simple but effective ion implantation and pulsed annealing techniques for the fabrication of high efficiency silicon solar cells. In particular the method aims to eliminate the mass analyser and associated components from the implanter. A solid feed source is used in a clean ultra high vacuum environment to minimise impurities.